Are you interested in making your own D-Mod? Have you made a few half-finished D-Mods, but never found the motivation to finish one? Do you only make D-Mods when a contest gives you a structure and a deadline? Well, then here's something for you!
Yes, we are holding another contest. This time the contest will be about... Bloop the Fish. Bloop the Fish was a, er, 'charming' D-Mod originally released by old-school Dinker Instalite waaay back on January 22nd, 1999. It was notable for featuring brand new original MSPaint graphics of fish, sharks, and, uh, water.
Since then, there have been two unofficial sequels:
Bloop the Fish 2, from SabreTrout in 2003. As the legendary Paul Pliska stated, "Hate to say it, but the original was better."
A Fish Named Bloop, from iplaydink in 2014. This was a solid adventure that looked great, with new graphics that really take advantage of Dink's 'recent' true-color mode support.
This contest will continue the 'tradition' of Bloop the Fish D-Mods, and will involve a main player character named Bloop who is also a fish.
See the comments for more details.
1. The theme for this contest is Bloop the Fish. This means that the main player character of the D-Mod has to be a fish named Bloop. The D-Mod does not have to be in the continuity of the existing Bloop the Fish D-Mod series, and the character does not need to be the same Bloop featured in the other D-Mods. Secondary player characters are allowed, but the majority of the game should be played by Bloop.
You can decide which Bloop graphics to use, your own, the original, or those from A Fish Named Bloop. As iplaydink stated in the readme to A Fish Named Bloop: "I love bloop, and I want to keep him alive, if you want to make another Bloop the fish game and want to use my graphics, I would love that!", so we are all free to use his good-lookin' fish graphics.
2. The D-Mod may not have been uploaded to the Dink Network before in any form. So, for example, Sharp couldn't take Milder 3, replace Milder with Bloop, and submit it for the contest.
3. The D-Mod must be uploaded via The Dink Network's upload form no later than Thursday, June 1st, 2017 (UTC-11, the best UTC).
4. Anyone is allowed to submit an entry, this includes team efforts.
5. Judging will be done by any Dink Network account holder who created an account before April 1st, 2017, and who was not involved in creating an entry for the contest. Everyone will have the option of ranking the D-Mods from 'best' (1) to 'worst' (N), and the entry with the lowest overall rank will be designated the winner. In the event of a tie, a special vote with the tied entries will take place. In the event of another tie, both entries will be deemed winners.
6. The D-Mods will be judged on how well they follow the theme and how fun they are to play.
7. The prize for this competition will be eternal fame as the winner of the contest.
8. If anything is unclear or you have any questions about the contest, just post in this thread to ask!
Yes, this contest is real. I'm going to try to create an entry, anyway.