The Friendly Unwritten Rules of The Dink Network
Here are some previously unwritten rules that will increase your chances of enjoying your time on The Dink Network.
- There are quite a few Dinkers that are quite young. Please keep this in mind when posting.
- No swearing on the site. We have swear filters, please do not bypass these filters.
- No posting of inappropriate or illegal material, such as porn or warez.
- No flaming or spamming; it is just unnecessary.
- Try to refrain from using ALL CAPS.
- When you have a question about a specific D-Mod or File, please use the File Discussion forums, as you'll be more likely to get a response.
- When replying to a specific person, click on the 'Reply' button directly underneath their message. If your response is a general one to multiple people, or to the original post, click on the big 'Post Reply' button at the top of the page.
- If you want to reply to another post, use the 'Reply' and 'Post Reply' buttons in that topic. Please do not post a 'New Topic'.
- If no one has replied to your post, be patient. The Dink Network isn't the liveliest place on the internet, and it could take a day or two for someone knowledgable to respond.
- If no-one responds to your post in a few days, post a reply to your post asking for help again. Don't post a new topic. Most people have the board display as Flat, so your reply will make it rise to the top of the messages.
- Try to avoid flame wars with other people. Lively discussions are fine though. If you think a post should be deleted, feel free to e-mail one of the staff members.
- Try to use good spelling and grammar. People will be more likely to respond and be nice if you do so.
- If, at any time, you feel that a staff member is inappropriately abusing his or her staff position on The Dink Network, e-mail redink1. Your e-mail will be kept strictly confidential.
- To use Bold text, use regular bold html tags (like <b>bold text</b>) or use UBB tags (like [b]bold text[/b]). The same rules apply for italics, just replace the 'b' with an 'i'.
- To add links to your messages, try this: <a href="http://microsoft.com">Microsoft</a> . The quotes are required.
- When you submit a review, it is put on a pending queue, where Staff decide what to do with it.
- A 'Good' review will generally have at least one good point on why they thought the file was what they rated it. If the review just doesn't make any sense, it will be invalidated. Good spelling and grammar help, but aren't required.
- An 'Excellent' review will generally describe the reviewer's position on several aspects of the file. Good spelling and grammar are required. It should also have a good layout... if there aren't any new lines, for example, it would be marked as 'Good'.
- You MUST have a valid e-mail account listed. This is so staff can contact you. If you don't want your e-mail address to be publicly available, check your account preferences and set the privacy option to not show it.
- You are only allowed to have one account. If you have a problem with your account, please contact a staff member for assistance.